Second day of Sweethearts Series, and this treat is one of our favorites! It’s very simple to make but is sure to be a hit with the kids!
Candy can create some of the sweetest memories during your childhood, and you always remember your favorite sweets and the happy feelings you had with them when you were growing up. Some of the most fun was had with the novel items, like candy necklaces, that kept you laughing endlessly with how unique, and sometimes silly, they were. Today, we hope to capture some of that sweet, sweet childhood fun with our very own Valentine’s Day Candy Necklace!
So, grab these few supplies, and get ready for you and your little one to share some laughs as you enjoy this delicious treat!
- White String (Be sure that this is food safe & OK to touch your candies!)
- White Chocolate Chips
- Microwave-safe Plate
- Place a Sweetheart onto a microwave safe plate, making sure the text is facing down towards the place. Place one of the white chocolate chips centered on the Sweetheart and microwave this for about 15-30 seconds to soften the chocolate.
- Take a piece of food-safe string, and press it down on the melted piece of chocolate.
- Take a second Sweetheart with the text facing up, and place it on top of the chocolate and string. Press together firmly yet delicately.
- Repeat this as many times as you’d like on the string.
- Prior to placing it on your neck, let cool at least one hour for chocolate to set. Enjoy!