Inspired by the adorable little turkeys over at Clean & Scentsible, we couldn’t resist putting a slight NECCO spin on this awesome craft. While we love the Christmas season as much as everyone else, it’s a can’t miss when we get the opportunity to spotlight Thanksgiving! It’s such a special time spent making memories with loved ones, and of course, eating delicious homecooked food – simply the best!
These cute turkeys will make the perfect favor for your holiday guests, and they undoubtedly will delight all the little ones! Filled with our chocolaty Mighty Malts malted milk balls, there’s no doubt they will add the perfectly sweet crunch to your dessert table on Thanksgiving Day!
- soft mesh craft netting
- elastic band or festively colored ribbon
- squeeze glue (glue sticks don’t work too well here)
- pipe cleaners in festive autumn colors (brown, orange, yellow, red)
- googly eyes (you pick the size!)
- Mighty Malts Malted Milk Balls
Instructions (modified slightly from Clean & Scentsible):
- Cut a circle or square from the mesh netting. Place a pile Mighty Malts in the center, tying it closed together like a sack with the elastic band or ribbon.
- To make the feet, take your yellow (we used a glittered golden one here to match the head) and fold it in half. Use one of the halves to create the foot by bending it into three equal-length toes. Cut the other end of the leg to your desired length.
- Insert the legs into the body through the holes of the mesh. They will be secure, and you can adjust the length even more here by pushing the legs in or pulling them out more.
- Take your darkest pipe cleaner (brown or here we used a glittered golden one) and roll it up from one end, leaving a few inches flat and unrolled. This will be the turkey’s head.
- Cut a one inch piece of orange for the beak and a one inch piece of red for the wattle. Bend each of these in half over the outside wrap of the head. You can adjust their length by cutting the ends with your scissors. It works best to twist these pieces once you bent them over the head, helping them to stay in place.
- Glue a googly eye on each side of the head using the squeeze glue. Press tightly until they stay in place.
- Set these on your dessert table and get ready for some big Thanksgiving smiles! Enjoy! =)